The time has come for summer cookouts! See what Team Trione is cooking up this weekend and which wines they suggest to pair with some of their favorite dishes.,
Spicy Chicken Pinwheels - Paired with Trione’s 2016 Sparkling Brut
This appetizer is one of Reed’s favorites to make for a crowd. In his words,“ This is a simple appetizer that even I can make. If I can do it, you can do it better.” Here’s his original recipe and directions:
- Burrito size tortillas (I use flour, but use your favorite!)
- Cream Cheese (bring to room temperature to soften)
- Jalapenos (fresh or diced canned)
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast (grilled or baked. General rule is one chicken breast per tortilla used. Let rest, then shred using a sharp knife. Optional: combine in a large bowl with Buffalo Hot Sauce)
- Fresh Spinach, finely chopped (I buy a large bag of organic, pre-washed).
- Cover one entire side of the tortilla with Cream cheese (place wax paper underneath to make clean up easier. I usually cover four tortillas at a time, and set aside).
- Sprinkle jalapenos and chopped spinach on top of cream cheese, similar to spreading shredded cheese on a pizza.
- Spread shredded chicken on top of spinach and cream cheese.
- Fold the left and right side of the tortilla in about two inches and hold it in place. Take the side of the tortilla closest to you and roll tightly, just like a burrito, enclosing the left and right sides tucked in.
- Place rolled tortillas on a plate and place in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes. Place one roll on a cutting board, and using a serrated knife (such as a bread knife), cut into slices about 1.5” thick, starting from one end. Each tortilla will make about 6-7 pinwheels.
- Arrange pinwheels on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate until ready to serve. Throw remaining ingredients at moving traffic. Enjoy!
B.L.T.A Pasta Salad - Paired with Trione’s Rose of Pinot Noir
Amanda is a pasta salad lover, and thinks that this unique spin on a classic B.L.T.A. sandwich is the perfect summer cookout side dish! It’s always a hit when she brings it to gatherings and it is very easy to make. She’ll be bringing it to a friend’s BBQ this weekend. Here’s the recipe:
Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle “Pasta Salad” - Paired with Trione’s Sparkling Brut
Jess loves to create fun, new salad dishes to pair with her husband's chicken and shrimp tacos for the 4th of July. This fresh zoodle salad is one of her favorites, and the perfect accompaniment to a nice cold glass of bubbles! https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/272848/zucchini-noodle-pasta-salad/
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers - Paired With Trione’s Sauvignon Blanc
Lauren loves appetizers that come with a little heat! She loves jalapeno poppers for that very reason. In her eyes, everything is better when you add bacon! Here’s what she’s cooking up this weekend: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/233603/bacon-wrapped-jalapeno-poppers/
Jagermeister BBQ Sauce - Paired with Trione’s Primitivo
Martin thinks homemade BBQ sauce is the best. Jägermeister's ingredients include 56 herbs, fruits, roots, and spices, including citrus peel, licorice, anise, poppy seeds, saffron, ginger, juniper berries, and ginseng. These ingredients are ground, then steeped in water and alcohol for two to three days. Using Jagermeister as the base for the BBQ sauce seasons all meats to their ultimate taste potential when used on ribs, chicken, or pork. he also makes homemade ketchup instead of store-bought. It's the extra love that spices any BBQ dish! Here’s his sauce recipe:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup Jägermeister
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Cast Iron Skillet Berry Cobbler - Paired with Trione’s Flatridge Zinfandel
Debbie and her husband love using their Traeger and trying out fun, new ideas when they grill. This weekend they’re even grilling their dessert! Here’s the recipe:
We hope you all have a fun, safe, and tasty 4th of July Weekend! Let us know if you tried any of these recipes, or a favorite recipe that you plan to make this weekend and which Trione wine you’ll pair with it.